Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sharepoint versus Oralce UCM

I have been asked a lot aboout the difference between Oracle Universal Content Management, and I even asked myself. I am Oracle Content Management developer, but I have not developed or used Sharepoint either as content management platform or collaboration platform. But I heard that Sharepoint is not strong as UCM, but no evidence I read. I found a research paper that talks about that difference and I support it, I quote the following from it

Microsoft does not have the goal of delivering information lifecycle management. So it is not at all surprising that Microsoft does not offer an enterprise-scale content management platform or product. We have heard from some clients that they were expecting robust content management from the SharePoint product, but SharePoint was never intended to provide this. What it does provide is a set of collaboration services that can be leveraged within SharePoint to allow groups to use content interactively either through integration with Outlook or corporate intranets.

For more click here, wrote by Tony White and produced by The Gilbane Group

No comments: