Tuesday, July 7, 2009

START_SEARCH_INDEX

I've been asked a question from "Anirban Datta" from "Tata Consultancy Services" about separating indexing of content based on document types, which means during indexing we want to not index all documents, just some documents based on document types.

By default you cannot do this, but I think using customization we can do that, in UCM we have a service called "START_SEARCH_INDEX" that service is executing a java function called "buildSearchIndex", so If we redeveloped that function again for that service (using reverse engineering), we can make indexing based on document types.

I wish I was helpful for "Anirban Datta"

2 comments:

Kyle Hatlestad said...

Take a look at the component " SelectivelyRefineAndIndex Sample Component" available on the Oracle Sample Components for UCM page.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/content-management/ucm/samples/index.html

If I understand correctly, I believe this will provide the type of functionality you're describing.

Unknown said...

Hi Kyle,
You are right, I didn't use it before. Thanks for sharing information