I will not be able to post right now the complete installation steps for Oracle Identity Manager with JBoss as the application server, because it will take a lot of time, but I will add some tips here to be be taken in consideration during OIM installation.
- If you are using Sun JVM and JBoss, you need to make one more modification in run.bat (JBoss starting Batch) ro JAVA_OPTS parameter which is -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
- When you start JBoss and you want it to listen (or bind) to any available IP, run JBoss starting batch like this
run.bat -b 0.0.0.0
- After installing OIM Design Console, take copy from log4j.jar from inside JBoss and rename it to log4j-1.2.8.jar then replace log4j-1.2.8.jar from inside OIM Design Console installation directory.
- Take care when installing JBoss in your development or testing machine, some applications my be using JBoss ports like MS Exchange uses 1099 and 1098, Oracle UCM uses 4444 and 4445, and of course Apache Tomcat. So you need to change JBoss ports, to do that take a look at the following page which explains to you which files you will change
If you want to know which applications is using your machine's ports, download ActivePorts program from the following link
If you changed 1099 port after you have installed OIM, you should change it too in xlconfig.xml for OIM Server and OIM Design Console. Also If you changed 8080 port after you have installed OIM, you should change it too in xlconfig.xml for Design Console.
- To deploy SMPL WebService, take a look at the following link
Also note you need in this case to download apache commons-discovery library and add it to [jboss_install_dir]/server/default/lib