The following brief steps explain rebranding of Oracle Identity Manager on JBoss application server:
- Get copy from XellerateFull.ear from [jboss_install_dir]/server/default/deploy
- Extract the file normally like a zip file (change extension from .ear to .zip)
- Inside the extracted directory, you will find a war file called xlWebApp.war
- Extract that file like a zip file (change extension from .war to .zip)
- If you want to change the application colors and styles, go to XellerateFull/xlWebApp/css/Xellerate.css
- If you want to change labels and messages, go to XellerateFull/xlWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/xlWebAdmin.properties (change the other localized files that you are using)
- If you want to change logo and application images, go to XellerateFull/xlWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/xlDefaultAdmin.properties
- After finishing recompress everything (compress it a .zip then change the extension), but after finishing open the archive you made and see if the structure of the archives (XellerateFull.ear and xlWebApp.war) is correct like the old one
- At last replace XellerateFull.ear under JBoss with the new one you made.
Anyway, this application is built using Struts, and it can be customized as you want, nut I don't recommend that from a previous experience with other applications.
Note in documentation there is another for doing that, but it didn't work with me.