Monday, March 15, 2010

JMS error sending message to queue/orm/IncomingEventQueue

I was getting the following error when I try to create an Oracle Identity Manager user after integrating with Oracle Role Manager (both OIM and ORM are using JBoss as the application server). I took from me a lot of time to discover the cause of that error
 
ERROR [oracle.iam.rm.imframework.oimjavatasks.ReconcileEntityAdapter] General exception: JMS error sending message to queue/orm/IncomingEventQueue
java.lang.Exception: JMS error sending message to queue/orm/IncomingEventQueue
    at oracle.iam.rm.imframework.util.JMSUtil.sendMessage(JMSUtil.java:96)
    .......
Caused by: org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Cannot authenticate user; - nested throwable: (java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect)
    at org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException.getAsJMSException(SpyJMSException.java:72)
    .......
Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

    .......

The cause of the error is that in the test server where I installed Oracle Role Manager I have more than one IP address for the server and I was binding JBoss to all IP(s) by running it using the following command
run.bat -b 0.0.0.0
The solution is to bind JBoss to only one IP as the following
run.bat -b 192.168.220.1

No comments: