Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ADF: Images in CSS not displayed with IE

I am currently working on a portal project in Saudi Arabia using WebCenter. I have created my own skin and styles, and in the last days I was developing on Fedora linux so I tested my work on Firefox and Chrome. After deployment, I got surprised that images not displayed.

The issues was that I was using styles like the following:


background-image: url("../images/logo.png")repeat-x; 



but while debugging on Internet Explorer, I found that the style is not existing within the css class (not being served to Internet Explorer). To fix it, you have switch to the following


background-image: url(../images3/Center.png);
background-repeat: repeat-x;



it took from me time, to find the problem, world of css :D

3 comments:

John Sim said...

Incorrect syntax... you cannot add no-repeat to background-image: only to background: adf will strip out invalid css.. ;)

John Sim said...

background: url(location/image.png) repeat-x;

This would work and not get stripped ;)

Unknown said...

I tried it, it is working. I am not export in CSS but I am trying to do my best :)